Cygnus Healthcare exports speciality range of Oncology formulations like anastrozole tablets, letrozole tablets, anastrozole drugs, letrozole drugs manufactured at WHO GMP approved facilities. Our prices are much competitive with right quality preparations.
Hydroxycarbamide, formerly known as hydroxyurea, is a chemotherapy drug used for the treatment of various types of cancers. The drug directly affects the rapidly dividing cancerous cell. It is mostly used for the treatment of type of leukemia known as chronic myeloid leukaemia, cancer of the cervix and some pre-cancerous conditions. Dosage :
Hydroxycarbamide 500mgHow it is Administered
The capsule should be swallowed whole with the water.Side Effects
The effect of the medicine differs from person to person based on resistance power and stage of the cancer. The following are some of the side effects that are known to be associated with this medicine:
- Bruising or bleeding
- Anaemia (low number of red blood cells)
- Raised levels of uric acid in the blood
- Lowered resistance to infection
- Contact you doctor immediately if your body temperature rises above 1000F.
- Tell your doctor about your medical history and other prescription & non-prescription drugs that you take.
- Discuss with the doctor, if you are planning to become pregnant or father of a child
- If you fall sick after taking the medicine, inform your doctor, you may not need to take another dose.
- Take the medicine exactly as recommended by the doctor.
- If you forget to take the capsule, do not take double dose.
- Store the capsule in a cool dry place.
- Keep the capsule out of reach of the children.
Hydroxyurea capsules or Hydroxycarbamide, as it is also known, is a chemotherapy drug that is used for treating some types of cancer. The drug is commonly used for treating a type of leukaemia known as chronic myeloid leukaemia, cancer of the cervix and some other pre-cancerous conditions. The drug is also used against HIV.
Dosage :Hydroxyurea 500mg
How it is Administered
The capsule should be swallowed whole with the water.
Side EffectsThe effect of the medicine differs from person to person based on resistance power and stage of the cancer. The following are some of the side effects that are known to be associated with this medicine:Low blood countTirednessPale SkinFeverSore throatAnorexiaHairloss
PrecautionsInform your doctor if you are allergic to hydroxyurea, or any of the inactive ingredients in the capsules.The medicine should not be taken during pregnancy as it poses potent risk to the fetusInform your doctor about all the prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products that you night be taking or plan to take.Inform your doctor in case you are breast-feeding as it is not recommended when the medicine is being taken.
Temozolomide is recommended as the initial chemotherapy treatment for patients with brain cancer. The medicine is most commonly used for the treatment of type of brain tumour known as a glioma. Known as alkylating agents, it is used to control the growth and multiplication of cancerous cell.Dosage :
Temozolomide 20 mg, Temozolomide 100 mg, Temozolomide 250 mgHow it is Administered
- The capsule should be swallowed whole with plenty of water.
- It should be taken timely everyday in an empty stomach.
Based on the resistance of the body and stage of the cancer, different people may react differently to the use of drug. Some may experience few side effects while other may experience more. We have listed below few of the common side effect associated with Temozolomide:
- Lowered resistance to infection
- Bruising or bleeding
- Loss of appetite and temporary taste alterations
- Tiredness and feeling weak
- Tell your doctor about the other medicines you are taking, including vitamins, herbal supplements and over the counter drugs.
- Take care while driving or operating the machineries, since the use of the drug may cause drowsiness.
- Discuss with your doctor, if you are planning to become pregnant or father of a child
- If you feel uneasy or sick after taking the medicine immediately inform your doctor, as you may not need another one. Do not take another without the recommendation of the doctor.
- If you forget to take a capsule do not take double dose. Consult you doctor and maintain a regular dose schedule.
- Store the capsules in a cool dry place in its original packaging, away from heat and sunlight.
- Keep the capsule in safe place away from reach of the children.
Tamoxifen is an orally active Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator (SERUM ) that is extensively used for the treatment of breast cancer. The medicine is prescribed for treatment of both early and advanced stage of cancer. Developed thirty years ago, the drug has a potential to treat various other conditions including infertility.Dosage :
Tamoxifen 10 mg, Tamoxifen 20 mg How it is Administered
- Tamoxifen should be swallowed whole with a glass of water
- It is usually prescribed as a single dose and should be taken at the same time daily
- The medicine should be taken on an empty stomach
- It is normally prescribed for five years
Women should carefully discuss their specific risk factors for cardiovascular and other diseases with their doctors and assess the benefits and risks of taking Tamoxifen. Though the overall occurrence of side effects is relatively low among women who take tamoxifen, the following side effects have been reported.
- Flushes and sweats
- Nausea and indigestion
- Weight gain
- Change in periods
- Tamoxifen can increase the effect of the drug warfarin, which is used to thin the blood to prevent the clotting of the blood.
- If you have a history of blood clots or Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) inform your doctor, as the medicine may not be suitable for you.
- Discuss with your doctor if you are planning to become pregnant.
- If you feel sick or uneasy just after taking the medicine inform your doctor.
- Store the tablet in it's original packing in a cool dry place, away from heat or sunlight.
- Keep the tablets in a safe place, out of reach of children.
Looking for Anti Cancer Drugs ?